It is very important to know how to make your flowers in the hanging Baskets & Containers healthy. A healthy look is always the joy of the flower owner. Besides, it helps him/her get the value of the money spent on those hanging flower gardens. Fertilizing and watering your flowers is an essential thing. This article highlights some of the ways to fertilize your flower garden.
- Prepare homemade flower food. To make it, mix a teaspoonful of Epsom Salt and Baking Soda and 1/2 teaspoonful of ammonia to a gallon of water.
- Use the prepared concoction to fertilize your hanging garden at least once per month.
The salt used is very important since it gives the flowers some crucial nutrients which they require.
Additionally, it facilitates having a healthy look by ensuring the flowers have a blooming look throughout.
Watering your hanging garden is essential in the process of fertilization.
However, the process of watering requires a unique technique, especially when they are placed in a higher place.
Telescoping water wand is the best solution to height challenges in hanging gardens. It facilitates the application of the concoction prepared.
- Banana peels are equally important in making liquid fertilizer for your flower garden.
- To prepare, collect banana peels and a bucket of water. The amount of water to use depends on the available banana peels.
- Soak the peels in the water and leave them for a week or so. This is because it contains soluble nutrients, which will be released and be trapped in the water.
- Then pour the water into your flower garden. The banana peels can also be applied directly to the garden and still fertilize the soil.
Image via: email@example.com